SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST

Subscribe to receive conference and event updates

from Women on a Mission for Change

PO Box 642336 

Omaha, NE 68164

(402) 403-WMC1 (9621)

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon

© 2016 by WOMEN ON A MISSION FOR CHANGE.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

Financial support is essential to providing mentoring and support programs to help women and girls pursue their giftedness and dreams. We are eager for sponsors and corporate donors to help us spread our mission and programs to women and girls throughout the
Omaha Metropolitan Area.

PLATINUM

SPONSOR

GOLD

SPONSOR

SILVER

SPONSOR

$5,000

  • Company name and logo on website, ads, posters, and flyers 

  • Whole page advertizement in Conference Program (must be provided by deadline)

  • Company banner displayed during the conference. (if provided)

  • Special mention during breakfast, lunch, and closing.

  • Eight tickets for your organization's women to participate.

  • Two tickets to the annual Legacy Gala

  • Exhibitor Booth 

$3,500

  • Company name and logo on website, ads, posters, and flyers

  • Half page advertizement in Conference Program (must be provided by deadline)

  • Company banner displayed during the conference. (if provided)

  • Special mention during breakfast, lunch, and closing.

  • Four tickets for your organization's women to participate.

  • Exhibitor Booth 

$2,500

  • Company name and logo on website, ads, posters, and flyers

  • Quarter page advertisement in Conference Program (must be provided by deadline)

  • Special mention during breakfast, lunch, and closing. 

  • Three tickets for your organization's women to participate.

  • Exhibitor Booth 

DEMOGRAPHIC STATISTICS

Leadership:  

  • Women held just 14% of elected offices in Douglas County in 2009 - down from 34% in 1996 ...

  • While most major corporations have women on their board, men still make up more than 80% of board positions in Omaha. (Women’s Fund of Omaha, 2016)

  • Women held 22.5% of appointed offices including judicial positions, boards and commissions...

  • Women made up 19% of S&P corporate boards and 4% (20 Women) in CEO Positions (Women’s Fund of Omaha, 2016)

  • Nebraska ranks 2nd or 3rd for the percentage of women in the workforce and yet we are 49th or 50th in the number of women in management and professions

  • In 2006 84% of women surveyed said a male dominated corporate culture was the No. 1 obstacle to their success in the workplace

  • 75% of women believe women needed to be a little more or a lot more qualified than men when applying for the same positions

  • 73% of women surveyed reported a concern for work and family balance

  • 40% of women in senior management believe their gender is inhibiting their success compared to 11% of men (Women’s Fund Omaha, 2016)

 

Health:         

  • 25% of Douglas County women did not begin prenatal care in the first 3 months of pregnancy (2007, our Healthy Community Partnership)

  • Douglas County Chlamydia rate is double the Nebraska rate and 50% higher than the national average (Douglas County Health Dept.)

  • Females represented 73% of Nebraska's Chlamydia cases in 2007

Education:   

  • If 1,000 African-American students start kindergarten in Omaha, only 188 will graduate from college - an estimated 78 women and 40 men (Empowerment Network)

  • 60% of graduates of local colleges and universities are females

  • The overall graduation rate in Omaha Metro area is 80%, leaving 20% of students not graduating on time, having dropped out or having pursued a GED...(Building Bright Futures)

 

Life Skills:  

  •  4 domestic violence related homicides occurred in Omaha in 2009  (DVCC)

  • More than 10,500 domestic violence calls were placed in 2009 (DVCC)

  • A survey of local non-profit agencies found that sexual literacy is the most important issue facing girls

  • Key issues facing Omaha girls/women are sexual literacy, self esteem, emotional/mental health and sexually transmitted diseases